Do you know what it is?
This is a Indonesia specialty and it is very popular here.
It is called Tempe and is a soybean product. Local Indonesians eat lots of soybean products to get their daily protein. Meat is pretty expensive for them.
We are going to share a recipe for how to cook tempe the easy way.
Tumis Tempe – Stir Fry Tempe
- 250 g tempe, cut into matchsticks 3 cm, fried
- 25 grams of red and green chillies, cut into slices
- 15 g garlic, thinly sliced
- 25 g onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices of galangal (ginger)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sachet Royco all in one (an Indonesia brand all in one spice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 200 ml of water
- Heat oil and saute garlic and onion
- Add galangal, bay leaves, chilli, and stir fry
- Add tempe, water, Royco all in one, and soy sauce
- Cook until flavored, and tempe almost dry