Good morning. How are you today? Have you eaten your breakfast this morning?
Mrs D loves sleep in and sometimes skips her breakfast. Not a good habit, we know.
To make our breakfast healthier, more nutritious and ready to eat, we found this Bacon, Egg & Cheese muffin recipe. It is a super fast, easy recipe, and the muffins are nutritious. Best part–it can be made ahead of time. These muffins are a delicious on-the-go breakfast, or a yummy healthy snack.
Miss D loves these muffins. Sometimes she runs late for school, and will just grab a muffin and go. Every now and then, we will make a larger batch of muffins and put them in the fridge, they will last for a few days. Simply heat them up whenever we are hungry (muffin hunger to be exact).
We found this recipe in Bruce Fife’s excellent book, “Cooking with Coconut Flour”. We have since changed the recipe a bit to suit our taste. You can try it out and we are sure you will like it too. Oh, you may add mushroom in the muffins, it also turns out very well in this recipe.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffins with Coconut Flour
Makes 6 muffins.
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 8 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Butter (if you are greasing your muffin tin which is preferred, these muffins do tend to stuck to the liners).
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry bacon in a pan until crispy. Put aside.
- Blend eggs, bacon drippings and salt.
- Add coconut flour and baking powder — mix until there are no lumps.
- Put bacon and cheese into food processor and process until crumbled. Stir into batter.
- Grease muffin tin with butter.
- Pour batter in and bake for 15 minutes.
That’s it. Let us know if you like them.
Photo credit: Bacon & Egg Muffins by ourtableforseven on Flickr