31 Days In Jakarta Day 11
Nasi Goreng is an every day Indonesia dish, one that they serve in all Indonesia restaurants. It is simple yet fantastic and gives such a great flavor. Everyone will have some Nasi Goreng during their stay in Indonesia, we are sure of that.
This is our version of Nasi Goreng. We learned it from our Indonesia friend and it is very nice.
- Red chilli 4pcs (or to taste if you do not like chilli)
- Red Onion 4pcs
- Garlic 4pcs
- Chicken powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sweet soy sauce (a special Indonesia soy sauce, you can buy normal Chinese soy sauce, then add sugar) 11/2 tbsp
- Eggs 2
- Chicken strips (or any other kind of white meat or sea food) 150g
- Rice 200g
- Cut red chili into small pieces
- Ground into red chili paste
- Add garlic
- Add red onion
- Ground all ingredients into paste
- Add oil to heated pan, swirl the oil to coat the pan.
- Add paste into pan and stir-fry (make sure the oil is hot and stir-fry till the paste is aromatic, about 1 minute)
- Add chicken powder and salt
- Add Chicken meat (or other meat , seafood) and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Pour egg into Chicken, stir-fry until egg is set
- Add rice,sweat soy sauce
- stir-fry for 4 minutes, make sure the rice is mixed with the other ingredients
There, we are done. Garnish with shallot. Serve with sliced cucumber or tomato and lettuce.