Miss D loves mac & cheese. But not the boxed versions of mac & cheese. You know, the ones made with powdered cheese and plastic pasta. How can this be nutritious?! Sorry, La Fonte. You are just not our kind. Miss D thinks the boxed mac & cheese is gross. She refuses to eat them.
So Mrs D came up with a nice, easy mac & cheese recipe. Everyone likes it. In fact, Miss D claims it is ‘the Best mac & cheese ever’. That sure puts a smile on Mrs D’s face.
When think about it, mac & cheese is a great idea. It is super easy to cook, yet loaded with lots of dairy food. Dairy food is very important in helping our kids to grow strong bones, and healthy teeth. So we shall all have mac & cheese every now and then.
Easy Mac & Cheese
- Pasta, penne or macaroni 16 ounces
- Butter 4 ounces
- Cream 6-8 oz
- Grated Cheddar (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper, freshly ground (to taste)
- Boil pasta per the directions on the package. (About 7-10 minutes, add a bit of salt to pasta water, this gives the pasta a lot more flavor).
- Strain pasta in a colander
- Put butter in the frying pan. (Make sure it is on low fire, we don’t want the butter to burn)
- When the butter is melted, add pasta, and stir. (Turn the fire to medium here)
- Add cream and the grated cheese.
- Stir and cook until creamy and melted.
- Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and serve warm.
The fun part of this recipe is you can add as much or as little cheese as you like. If you are a cheese lover like us, then add loads of it and enjoy. It’s rich, creamy, warm and absolutely luscious. But if you are on a diet or like it less cheesy, it is also OK.
There is no rules here. Make it to suit your need. It is a very simple mac & cheese, you can’t mess this one up.