One of the easiest ways to cook Lamb is making them into Sate Kambing, an Indonesia Lamb Satay.
We can find Sate Kambing everywhere in Jakarta. It is the everyday food that people enjoy here. Let’s show you how to make your very own Indonesia Lamb Satay, shall we?
- Lamb meat 500 grams
- Soy sauce 150 ml
- Lime 2 pieces (juiced)
- Skewers 20 pieces (soak in water the night before)
- Peanuts 250 grams (fried, or simply use crunchy peanut butter)
- Garlic 4 cloves
- Red onion 5 cloves (or use 1 white onion)
- Red chilli 2pcs
- Water 500 ml
- Salt (to taste)
- Soy sauce 100 ml
- Lontong (an Indonesia rice cake, optional)
- Cut lamb into 1.5cm cubes, stick with skewers and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients except soy sauce and water until smooth.
- Mix with soy sauce and water.
- Cook the mixture in a pan until smooth and bubbly.
- Set aside until cool.
- Marinate lamb skewers with mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill lamb satay until cooked.
- Serve lamb satay with peanut sauce, lemon juice, and Longtong (rice cakes).
- Care For Some Lamb Tonight?
- 5 Peculiar Things About Jakarta
- Our Guard Abadi
- What do construction workers do while building a mansion in Jakarta