We love chocolate brownies. We love chocolate brownies so much that we can even live with a pizza shop chocolate brownie, remember? Why not have chocolate cranberry brownies for our Christmas party? Brilliant idea! Everyone will love it. This soft chocolate cranberry brownie is easy to make. You really got to try very hard to mess up this one.
This chocolate cranberry brownie is the ultimate chocolate treat for this Christmas. Actually it is the perfect dessert for any occasion, really.
It is soft, very moisturized. It is also very versatile. We can replace the cranberries with any other dried fruit. Cranberries are pretty expensive here in Jakarta. Maybe we can add chopped dates instead? Or dried apples? Even chocolate chips? Double chocolate brownie, that would be chocolate heaven.
To make a healthier version, we can use self-raising whole meal flour instead of the all purpose flour. Sounds good? Here is the recipe:
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/3 tsp
- All purpose flour 1 1/2 cups
- Butter 1/2 cup (softened at room temperature softened and cut into small cubes)
- Milk 1/4 cup
Chocolate cranberry stuffing:
- White sugar 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder 1/2 cup (unsweetened cocoa powder)
- Flour 2 tablespoons
- Vanilla 2 teaspoons
- Cranberry 1 cup
- Milk 1 cup
- Condensed milk 3 tablespoons
- Eggs 3, lightly beaten spare
- Butter 1/4 cup (microwave melt)
Note: 1 tablespoon = 15 ml = 1 Tablespoon, 1 teaspoon = 5 ml = 1 Teaspoon. 1 cup = 240 ml.
- Place all ingredients, except butter and milk, in a bowl and mix well
- Knead the cubed butter into the flour gently
- Pour milk in and mix well
- Put mixture into an 8 x 12-inch glass baking dish
- Flatten the mixture to a 1cm high base with a spade (or use your dry hand, make sure you powder your hands with flour first)
Place baking tray into the preheated to 340F/170 Celsius oven, and bake for 15 minutes.
Make the chocolate brownie filling while baking the cake base.
Chocolate cranberry brownie fillings:
- Add all dry ingredients, except the cranberries, into a mixing bowl and mix well
- Pour in all wet ingredients into the mixture
- Beat with a mixer at low speed
- Add dried cranberries and mix well
Pour the fillings onto the cake bottom, and bake for 28 minutes until the cranberry filling is slightly shaking (very moisturized and soft) when gently moving the baking dish.
Wait till the cake is completely cold, then cut and serve.
Photo credit: hmmlargeart fliker