We love wine and candles. The Christmas season won’t be complete without our two dearest friends. How about a glittered candle to light up the darkest winter nights?
This red and gold glittered candle is our kind of Christmas decoration for the Christmas dinner party. It is beautiful, magnificent for the eyes and is super quick and easy to make. This one is for those romantic at heart. Why not have some fun this Christmas and glitter away!
- Glitters: any colors, but we love gold colour
- Candles: any candle will do, but to create that Christmas feeling, why not use red? Red is Christmas.
- Masking tape (preferably two sizes to get the wanted effect, but one size will be just fine)
- Glue or spray adhesive
- Use masking tape to cover the area of candles you don’t want to have glitters on. (Use two different sized masking tape to create different gaps on the candles.)
- Use the brush to apply a nice even layer of glue onto the non masked candle areas.
- Sprinkle the glitter onto the candle, turn the candle as you go.
- Make sure the coat of glitter is nice and heavy
- Shake the candle gently so that any non adhered glitters are off
- Repeat until the entire candle is coated.
- Let the candle dry for about 20 minutes on the paper plate
Enjoy your Christmas dinner with your very own red and gold glittered candle this Christmas. Have fun.
Photo credit: vivalavidabonita
- DIY Christmas Ornaments – Christmas Wreath
- Christmas Ornament
- Christmas Crafts – DIY Clay Monkey and Turtle
- Grand Christmas Ornaments